The Company’s extensive exhibition centre encompasses a 17-hectare site situated close to the city’s central business district. Six specialised exhibition halls, hundreds of individual pavilions and open-air expo facilities are all fully serviced and equipped. The Exhibition Centre is open for business all year round.
The Exhibition Centre layout is flexible enough to allow controlled or general access to any of the six exhibition halls and open-air sites. Depending on the size and purpose of your event, a range of options is available to suit any occasion from a full-scale expo featuring heavy machinery, to a traders’ wine-tasting. The ZITF Exhibition Centre has hosted and assisted with the organisation of, for example:
- Private Events
- Solo Exhibitions and Functions
- Sporting Events
- Musical Concerts and Fashion Shows
- Conferences and Seminars
- Short-Term Warehousing
Facilities and Services
Facts & Figures
- Six large Exhibition Halls offering 20 000 sq m of floor space.
- Over 100 private pavilions augmented by 45 000 sq m of developed and serviced open-air exhibition sites.
- Olympic size grass Arena with catering buildings and grandstands
- Fully-tarred double-lane boulevards and roads inside the complex provide ease of access
- Full-time grounds team employed to tend the gardens, trees, lawns and floral borders providing an attractive setting all year round
- Four restaurants and seven fast-food catering outlets serving over 100 000 meals a day during large exhibitions
- Crowd capacity of around 450 000
- Parking space for 6 500 vehicles, two taxi ranks and bus parking bays
- Internal press room, bandstand, casino and VIP lounge
- Administrative and information centres
- Public telephone booths, capacity for 2 143 private telephone line connections in halls and private pavilions.
Area of the ZIEC
- The Zimbabwe International Exhibition Centre comprises a 17.7 hectare enclosed exhibition complex, surrounded by an equal amount of parking space. A total of 58 000 sq. metres of exhibition space is fully serviced, with electricity and water.
- Six large Exhibition Halls offer 20 000 sq.m. of floor space.
- Over 100 individual pavilions are augmented by 45 000 sq.m. of developed external site area.
- Olympic size grass arena (not available for hire during ZITF) caters for very large exterior events and sports.
Seminar and Conference Facilities
Conference facilities which can accommodate from 20 – 400 people are available within the Zimbabwe International Exhibition Centre. These facilities are available for use during and after all exhibitions. Both exhibitors and non-exhibitors may book these facilities which are equipped to cater for conventions to cocktail parties. The lush garden offers an additional meeting area and is large enough to erect a large marquee.
Equipment includes PA system, laptop, data projector, overhead projector, VCR, DVD, and flip charts and other equipment by previous arrangement (e.g. plasma screens, sound installation, microphones).
Seminar Room A – VIP Lounge
Capacity: Approx 40 cinema-style, Approx 30 conference-style with tables
Seminar Room B – VIP Lounge
Capacity: Approx 35 cinema-style, Approx 25 conference-style with tables
Combined Seminar Rooms A & B
Capacity: Approx 80 cinema-style, Approx 60 conference-style with tables
Conference Room Hall 4
Capacity: Approx 100 cinema-style, Approx 75 conference-style with tables
Business Lounges/Break-Away Rooms
The business lounges and break-away rooms are provided in Halls 1, 2, 2A, 3 and 4. The business lounges are equipped with private restrooms, kitchens and comfortable seating areas.
E-mail, wireless internet access, telephone, fax and secretarial services are available for exhibitors at the administrative offices and the Business Centre.
- Ready-built modular stands and stand design
- E-mail, internet and telephone access
- Public Catering, restaurants, bars and snack bars
- External PA system for commercial and special announcements
- Information Centre at the Central Fairspire.
- Tables, chairs and tiered seating
A permanent casino is operational in the ZIEC and there is an open-air arena for large gatherings, equestrian events and other crowd-pulling functions.
To make an enquiry/booking for your particular event, please fill in the booking form under the Make a Venue Booking tab above, or alternatively contact our administrative offices for reservations, rates and further information.
The ZITF Company offers the use of its exhibition halls for special functions outside the official expo calendar. The choice of sizes and amenities allows a choice of venue to suit anything from a wedding reception to indoor sports and large conventions. Varying time availabilities enable the use of some halls for temporary warehousing and bulk storage.
To make an enquiry/booking for your particular event, you may fill in the form on the next tab or alternatively contact our administrative offices for reservations, rates and further information.
International Hall One is built on three levels, and offers 5 200m2 of floor area. During ZITF it houses the majority of the international exhibits, plus the electronics and engineering sectors. A business lounge for exhibitors, a restaurant, fast-food outlet and public restrooms are contained in this hall.
A large, open plan hall comprising 1 750 m2 of open floor area, this hall is connected to Hall 2A. It is equipped with an exhibitors business lounge.
With a floor area of 1 680 m2, this hall offers an extensive, open-plan facility with exhibitors business lounge.
Hall 3 with its distinctive curved roof is centrally situated and offers 3 600m2 of open floor area. It normally houses the furniture, interior decor and outdoor living exhibits during ZITF. A comfortable Exhibitors Business lounge is provided as well as public amenities.
The most recently-built exhibition hall, with 5 625m2 of floor area, International Hall Four is the largest single-storey hall, and is able to accommodate even the tallest and heaviest exhibits. Business lounge and public amenities are provided.
This hall is directly accessible from outside the Exhibition Centre.
Recently refurbished and offering 1230m2 floor area, this hall now houses Ultim8 Home.